Section 8 Homeownership
The Section 8 Homeownership Program permits eligible participants in the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program the option of purchasing a home with their Section 8 assistance.
- Be a current SEMMCHRA Housing Choice Voucher recipient or Public Housing tenant for at least 1 year and be in good standing.
- Be a first time homebuyer.
- Meet minimum income requirements.
- Have at least one adult household member who is employed at least 30 hours per week and has 12 months of continuous employment. Exceptions are made for elderly and disabled households.
- Participate in SEMMCHRA’s pre-purchase counseling program and attend a homebuyer education class.
The complete program guide can be found by clicking HERE.
The SEMMCHRA Statement of Family Obligations can be found HERE.
Please note, you must live in SEMMCHRA’s service area to participate in this program. Our service area includes Dodge, Fillmore, Goodhue, Houston, Wabasha, and Winona Counties in Southeastern Minnesota.
For more information about the Section 8 Homeownership Program contact:
Self Sufficiency and Homeownership Coordinator
134 East Second Street
Wabasha, MN 55981