Southeastern Minnesota Multi-County Housing & Redevelopment Authority (SEMMCHRA) has a full-time Maintenance Technician Position. Under limited and technical supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor the Maintenance Technician coordinates care, repairs, and maintenance of all HRA owned rental units and property, including structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical systems, and grounds. Recommends and implements changes in HRA’s policies and practices as necessary to meet changing conditions or changes in Federal and State regulations.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required
Additional Requirements include:
- Knowledge of maintenance methods, tools, and materials.
- Knowledge of structural, mechanical, plumbing, heating, and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of commercial cleaning practices.
- Ability to maintain tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to evaluate and make appropriate decisions so problems are efficiently resolved.
- Adhere to schedules and complete work assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to show sensitivity dealing with persons of all income levels.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and organize workload so that all HRA owned properties are kept in a decent, safe, sanitary and energy efficient condition.
- Ability to adhere to procedures, which are in conformance with the HRA’s policies and State and Federal regulations.
- Quality and quantity of workmanship adequate to meet standards set by supervisor and complete assigned work.
- Ability to set direction and guide Maintenance Assistant(s)
3-4 years of experience in building maintenance or related field and/or has successfully performed in a Maintenance Assistant position. Ability to lift materials up to 100 pounds and able and willing to use ladder. Preferred to hold a Class “C” Boilers License and must hold a valid driver’s license.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Full Time, Rotating on call weekends
Here in Wabasha, we believe that our quality of life is something to “shout about”. Our historic river town is cradled between the Mississippi River and the majestic bluffs of scenic southeastern Minnesota. Adjacent to the Upper Mississippi River national Wildlife Refuge, Wabasha provides a panoramic view of nature at its best and an astonishing array of birds and wildlife. Thousands of tundra swans and Canada geese can be seen during migrations and the majestic bald eagle visits the area in multitude each season. While small in population, Wabasha offers big city amenities. 18-hole scenic golf course; Coffee Mill downhill ski and snowboard resort; Outdoor municipal swimming pool; National Eagle Center & observation deck; two marinas on the Mississippi River; Three Fitness Centers; St. Elizabeth’s Hospital
Equal opportunity employer
SEMMCHRA is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Internal or external candidates will be considered for an interview and must complete online application(s)