Emergency Assistance for Homeowners and Renters
Have you suffered an economic hardship due to COVID 19? Are you struggling to make mortgage payments, rent payments, or pay your utility bills? If the answer is yes, you may qualify for the Emergency Assistance Program for Homeowners and Renters.
NOTE: if you are receiving subsidized housing or rental assistance, you are not eligible to receive the Emergency Assistance funding.
- Demonstrate that expenditures are necessary, incurred as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, and were incurred during the period between March 1 and December 1, 2020.
- Rent or own your primary housing and be a resident or lawful permanent resident in county providing funding.
- Have had a household income at or below 115% of the state median income before COVID-19
|Households of 1-2 People
||Households of 3+ People
|$91,800 per year
||$105,570 per year
- Provide statements showing current on housing and utilities as of March 1, 2020.
- Have lost income due to COVID-19 that has not been replaced.
- Apply funds to delinquent amounts of eligible expenses and potentially, up to 3 months of non-delinquent eligible expenses.
- Mortgage Payments
- Rent Payments
- HOA Dues
- Homeowner’s Insurance
- Contract for Deed Payments
- Utility Bills
- Septic System Pumping
- Lot Rent
Information Needed Based on Funding Request:
- Contact information for the landlord or mortgage servicer or HOA
- Mortgage statements & current property tax statement
- Rent statements
- Utility bills
- HOA dues statements
- Lot rent statements
- Documentation of total income from 2019 (copy of form 1040)
- Income from the requested assistance timeframe – all sources (pay stubs, unemployment, child support, etc.)
- Change of employment due to COVID-19 (letter from employer)
- Proof of Residency
The above information will need to be submitted with the full application before applicants can be considered for assistance.
NOTE: The SEMMCHRA reserves the right to revise these guidelines as needed to best address the impact to residents of the current pandemic.
Please review the Emergency Assistance Application Checklist for a list of items needed to determine eligibility. The checklist can be found by clicking on the button below.