The City of Kenyon has funding available for owner occupied rehab. Eligible households must:
- Live within a targeted area. For a map of the target areas, click here.
- Property is suitable for rehab.
- Homeowner’s property taxes and insurance are current.
- Property is a permanent structure.
- Homeowner does not have any outstanding judgements.
- Homeowner’s income must be at or below established guidelines
|Income Guidelines (2019)|
|Family Size||30% AMI||50% AMI||80% AMI|
The financial assistance will be in the form of a deferred loan. The amount of the deferred loan will vary on a case-by-case basis. The deferred loans are secured with a Repayment Agreement. If the property is sold, title is transferred or is no longer the primary residence of the participant:
- Within the first 6 yrs., the full amount must be repaid to the HRA
- The amount of repayment is reduced 20% for each year until the end of the 10th year.
- At the end of the 10th year, the loan is forgiven and becomes a grant.
|Income based on AMI||% Property Owner Match||% Deferred Loan||Max. Deferred Loan Amount|
To apply for the Kenyon Housing Rehab Program, please click on the link in the sidebar.
For more information on the Kenyon Housing Rehab Program Contact:
Tressa Sauke, Special Projects Coordinator
134 East Second Street
Wabasha, MN 55981