Our mission is to provide affordable, decent, safe and sanitary housing to elderly and families at 115% at state median income and below through:
- Rental assistance
- Rental and single-family home rehabilitation
- Low interest mortgage loans and down-payment programs
- Family self-sufficiency program
- Single and multi-family construction
- We will strive to make our programs as easily understood as possible.
- We will strive to secure the resources to accommodate our clients’ needs.
- We will strive to educate our political representatives about our clients’ needs.
We are respective to our co-workers. We will respect each other’s dignity and recognize each other’s merit. We will feel free to make suggestions for improvements. We will provide opportunities for personal and professional growth and development. We will allow a flexible environment within the framework of our mission. We believe in operating as a team.
We believe in a ‘single point of contact’ information service to all customers. We will treat all internal and external customers with respect and in a courteous manner. We will provide efficient services. We believe all co-workers will have an understanding of all functions of SEMMCHRA. We believe in promoting SEMMCHRA Departments and the types of services provided.
We will be proactive in developing partnerships with other departments and agencies to avoid duplication while providing the best possible service to our internal and external customers. We will maximize the use of all available resources in a cost effective manner without sacrificing the quality of services.
Citizens will have easy access to services from knowledgeable and responsible employees. Citizen feedback, through any method of participation, will be valued within the process of improvements. All HRA Employees and elected officials will demonstrate professional integrity in all business relationships.